Saturday, May 20, 2006

FuNk Up zImMeR fRaMeS!

Feel quite upset tonight ~ just off the phone with my dad and found out that he had another bad fall. Not just any fall but quite a severe one, bashing his head etc. The doctor has given him a Zimmer Walking Frame and he refuses to use it. Says it’s ‘a nice piece of furniture’ and ‘no thanks’. Arghh! I told him that next time l was down his way we were going to do a bit of re-designing. So I’m bringing with me some bright coloured tape, a horn and two large wing mirrors ~ that’s right ~ were going to funk it up to a ‘Shimmer Frame’! We laughed.
What is it with old people and electric wheelchairs? We have one elderly man on our street who is practically doing wheelies around corners and this afternoon one old dear was going about 20mph in the middle of the road ~ a line of traffic fanning out behind her!
I have to think that she was probably doing it for sheer devilment ~ l would at her age ~ the power! I would imagine the mad boy racers behind me and grin.
These electric wheelchairs, while on the road should be lit up in some way ~ strobe lighting or coloured spinning windmills ~ you choose. There is no use in getting to a ripe old age only to be bumped off at the last~ how undignified.

No comments: