Saturday, May 27, 2006

ThE mOsT nObLe AnD cHaLLeNgInG Of FrUiTs

Ok it’s the weekend and yes l am enjoying myself ~ a nice bottle of Shiraz and looking forward to an enjoyable evening. Probably not recommended to be writing but . . . what the heck!
Reminds me of an inebriated Mr. Churchill who was accosted by the ferociously sharp-tongued Lady Asquith in the House of Commons corridor.
“You are drunk Sir” she said acidly.
After a pause Winston turned and delivered the killer reposte.
“Indeed so Madam – and you are ugly. But in the morning - I will be sober.” You have to laugh. Enjoy your weekend.

I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret.
John Cleese (Basil Fawlty)
Fawlty Towers

1 comment:

Marion McCready said...

Mmmm - are you trying to make me jealous?? (or are you just rubbing it in?!)