Saturday, June 10, 2006

mY mOnThLy MoOdS

Most women, including myself have a routine to their monthly cycle. Most men know about the PMS side of things but do they know or understand the rest? Personally speaking l have more than a few different facets to my personality and am clearly controlled by my hormones.
It has taken me many years to figure it out but here goes:

1. Save the world day: Beg my husband for us to adopt an orphan, go VSO or donate our new set of plates to the charity shop.
2. We’re doomed I tell ye! : We are all going to starve, the house is going to collapse, you're going to die and we’ll never manage ~ the world is ending in five minutes. scream!!!!!!
3. Worry about the future day: Time to update the chequebook – make better-organized shopping and budget lists- Get on to the kids about not wasting anything. Clip coupons wildly.
4. Chocolate and wine night: Over consumption of both!
5. Shopping day: WARNING: ‘Should never be crossed with when you are hungry!’ I am suddenly able to see the many bargains on offer/blue light specials- added with the extra toiletries, cleaners and treats- this can add up.
6. Design week: Redecorate house; paint; garden, build; create; reorganize; blog. I can become quite bossy.
7. Let's have a family night: Board games come out and l try to get the kids to stay in after dinner so that we can all bond and hobnob together. They all run! I usually get weirdly creative with the cooking this night - trying out my own concoctions- some great- others just scary.
8. Get caught up day: A frantic day of calling around, updating documents (passports, University papers), making appointments for dentist/car service, finding what house insurance is the best deal, getting estimates, asking questions. This day is a good one as it clears all the things off that have been left for whatever reason, however it does leave me covered in yellow stickies/note lists.
9. Health kick week- l must lose weight- l avoid mirrors because l end up upset. I try to loose all the weight in one mad day of unremitting exercise~ normally leaves me a bit light headed and in need of medical assistance. NOTE: If this week is around time of the ‘Shopping Day’ then l stock up on new low fat menu ideas too.
10. A few depression days: Usually the weather is overcast, kids are doing their own thing and l have had a really busy few days and am tired. Isn’t helped by wanting to scrapbook and then looking at all the old baby photos.
11. Parcel day: Create a fun parcel for someone in the family or friend- for birthdays and other special occasions. Cover it in stickers and fill with confetti.


And not forgetting the PMS bit, which my husband says, is all the time anyway…hmm.

Why can’t l get a little ahead instead of a bigger behind?

If you can add to this list please leave a comment.

6 comments:

TJ said...

ROFL...You are just like me Horizon!!!
Only I am 45 years old and ready for it all to be over...when~~I pray~~Lord~~when???
There is one day I get real prayerful...reading the Good Book and swearing not to say any more swear words!!

HORIZON said...

That's a good one- should add 'Prayer Day'
Rolf too. :)

Hawkeye The Noo said...

From a guys perspective you forgot; my hubby is amazing day, when you nead constant affection and also; get out of my face day, when whatever your hubby sais is going to be wrong regardless.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

ROFLOL

Nickipicki said...

...and there's the 'dropping things on the floor' day. Also known as 'a clumsy moon.'

HORIZON said...

Nicki- 'Clumsy Moon Day' Yes with you there- will add that too. :)